Wedding welcome signs are perfect to welcome your guests to your big day! They have a double impact – if your wedding is in the same venue as another wedding, having a wedding welcome sign in the foyer or entrance to your particular area will be extremely helpful to your guests to let them know that they are at the right place. There is nothing more embarrassing then going into a venue, sitting down and then noticing that you are at the wrong place!
Welcome to our Wedding sign
The best tip that we can give is to have a personalised wedding sign. A simple ‘Welcome to our Wedding’ sign will simply not cut it. It will give your guests the impression that you have borrowed it from someone else. Having a sign that is more personal, like ‘Welcome to our Wedding – Sunil & Amisha’ or ‘Welcome to the Wedding of Sunil & Amisha’ will work perfectly. You can even include the date on the welcome sign to give it that extra level or personalisation. To help you get started, here are a couple of tips to bear in mind:
- Do you have a colour scheme or theme in mind? Many customers are looking to have their welcome to our wedding signage consistent with the rest of their wedding stationery. For example, if their Indian wedding cards had a pastel floral theme, it would be a good idea to keep the theme consistent. If you can get the designer / printing company to match the two, that would be perfect!
- As well as the colour scheme for the sign, it is also recommended to keep the fonts used on previous wedding stationery consistent. It is these small details that make a lasting impression on your guests. Please see the below wedding welcome sign, which matches the wedding invitation card below it.
- Sizing of the wedding welcome sign. We would recommend having a minimum of A3 for the size. It mainly depends on how far you would like your guests to see the sign from. Many would prefer their sign to be inside the venue, however some will opt to have it on the road, leading up to the venue, which again guides people to let them know that they are at the right place.
- Finishing of the wedding welcome sign – do you want your welcome sign to be printed on paper, then framed? Printed on a canvas? How about a foamex backed board, which would mean that you can put it straight onto an easel without the need for a frame? The pricing varies according to the finishing and the sizing required.
- What type of printing do you require? At CardFusion, we can assist with all of the mentioned in the above bullet point. Whilst many are digitally printed, we also offer foiled (gold foiled and rose gold foiled) wedding welcome signs on A3 paper.
- How many do you need for your functions? Some customers will opt to have multiple personalised welcome signs per event. Some customers also have a personalised sign for each of their functions. One could be for their wedding, one for their reception party, one for their engagement party and so on.
Placement for your ‘Welcome to our Wedding’ sign
As mentioned, there are a couple of different options as to where to place the wedding welcome sign. If you decide to opt to keep it within the foyer in the venue, we would recommend having an easel, particularly if you have a foamex backed board or a paper print in a frame. Most venues or decor companies should be able to provide you with an easel which will hold the welcome to our wedding sign up and once the sign is on, it will be at a good eye level (for ease of viewing).
Taking the above considerations in mind, it all comes down to individual preference and budget. Keeping all of the wedding stationery set to a consistent colour scheme or theme helps tremendously (you do not then need to keep thinking about it as your mind has already been set). This will also help with choosing your venue, decor (table centerpieces, backdrops etc), table menus, table numbers, place cards, wedding seating chart and so on. With so much happening in the build up to your big day, it is good not to have to make so many decisions, particularly if you can make it once and stick to it.
Whilst the Welcome to our wedding sign is not a must, it makes a great finishing touch at weddings. If you opt to keep all of your wedding stationery consistent and to a particular colour scheme or theme, this helps as you do not need to keep thinking about what looks good or not – you have a colour or theme in mind and it is good to stick to it. Your guests will notice the small things and with minimal effort, you can ensure great consistency. At Cardfusion.co.uk, we usually recommend an A1 sized ‘Welcome to our Wedding’ sign printed on a 5mm foamex board, whilst trying to keep it consistent with the rest of the wedding stationery. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding our wedding welcome signs.